Afternoon Pick-up Procedures
We have made tremendous strides in ensuring that students are safely dropped off and picked up each day. Thank you to the many parents who assist each day, have provided helpful feedback, and who are opting to park and walk in the afternoon to alleviate backup on Murray Ridge Rd.
- Out of consideration for the rest of our school community, please always turn right as you leave campus onto Murray Ridge Rd to prevent additional back-up and delay inside the lot.
- Please always drive slowly in the parking lot.
- Please keep the center crosswalk clear for parents who are escorting their children to parked vehicles.
All parents that are able to park in the middle or back sections of the lot and walk to the right side Parent Pick-up area are encouraged to do so. Students will be released when parent/guardian makes eye contact with teacher and you may safely escort your child to your vehicle and exit.
* Families using this method are generally the first ones exiting the parking lot.
- Parents who opt to use the pick-up lane may begin lining up between 2:45-2:50 (or 1:00-1:05 on Minimum Thursdays) to eliminate the number of cars backed up on Murray Ridge Rd. There is no need to arrive early, as students are not released until dismissal time, and pick-up for the entire school takes approximately 10-12 minutes.
- Vehicles will be split into two lanes and the front 6 vehicles loaded simultaneously. At dismissal time, students' names will be called in the order that cars are lined up and they will be escorted to their vehicles by an adult.
- Please be sure to have the student’s grade, last name, and first name clearly marked on your window hanger.
- Extra window hangers can be obtained from the office.
Thanks to all for considering the benefit your choices can have on our community!