Below are the various volunteer opportunities at Elevate. If you are interested in any of the roles or have questions about them, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (858) 751-8448.
If you are a parent with little kids, look for the teams with an * - these teams have some duties that can be done at home and/or with children.
ART CORPS - Art Corps Lesson Leaders/Assistants will teach or assist with monthly art lessons in your child's class. Workshops/trainings and supplies will be provided.
Volunteer Leader: Erin Roth
BOX TOPS* - Help to collect, count, and submit Box Tops for Education to raise money for Elevate.
Volunteer Leader: Kim Nunez
CAMPUS IMPROVEMENT TEAM* - We are looking for volunteers to brainstorm ways to brighten our campus with banners, posters, etc. that will bring the 7 Habits alive on our campus. Also needed: Monday morning “Set-Up Crew” (putting up the banners and decor at the start of the week) and a “Tear-Down Crew” for Friday afternoons (removing the items and safely storing them in a given location).
CLASSROOM HELPER - Assist with students, provide administrative support/prep work for lessons, organize classroom supplies, or other tasks as needed under the guidance of the classroom teacher.
Volunteer Leader: Classroom Teachers
COPY CREW - After attending a training for use of the copier, laminator, and spiral binding machine, volunteers will spend 1 hour per month performing the various jobs requested by teachers and staff (in a designated drop-off area) and redistributing the finished products to staff mailboxes.
Volunteer Leader: Kari Powell
FAMILY NIGHTS* - Assist with preparation and implementation of Family Night events (Movie Nights, Holiday Party, Game Nights, and more).
Volunteer Leader: Rachel Antle
END OF YEAR CELEBRATION - Under the guidance of a Room Parent, help with general set-up, clean-up and booth monitoring for our End of Year Celebration on the last day of school.
FIELD TRIPS - Class-by-class basis. Chaperones and drivers. Work with teacher for specific needs.
FUNDRAISING TASK TEAM* - Under the direction of Board Leadership, the Fundraising Task Force will plan and implement Restaurant Dine-outs, the Annual Gala in late February/March, a Jog-a-thon or Read-a-thon, Amazon and eScrip campaigns, and a family fundraising event.
Volunteer Leader: Jill Soulé
HOSPITALITY TEAM - Under the guidance of the Hospitality Chairperson, contribute beverages or treats and be available to greet families and/or distribute handouts as needed for various events throughout the school year.
Volunteer Leader: Karla Monroy
OFFICE HELPER - Assist our office staff with various office tasks.
Staff Leader: Carolyn Lepiscopo for Serra Mesa campus; Amy Evangilista for Tierrasanta campus
P.E. - Looking for a fun way to fulfill your volunteer hours? Go outdoors! P.E. volunteers assist Coach Vu in these 3 areas:
- First Aid: I often have to stop class to tend to an injured student from falls or bumps. Having a volunteer tend to the injured student allows me to continue the lesson and serve our students. I have a first aid cart stocked with bandages, ice, wipes, etc. during class for you to use.
- Supervision: The extra set of eyes during games, sports, and other activities helps to ensure students are following rules of a game, prevent accidents, and give positive encouragement to our youth.
- Set Up: Assist in setting up equipment for the day's lesson.
Staff Leader: Coach Vu
(Please email me directly email@example.com
if you are interested in being a volunteer. I will try my best to schedule your 30 minute shift during your child's P.E. class)
PARKING LOT SAFETY TEAM - As students arrive at and depart from school each day, we would appreciate the aid of consistent parent helpers to help ensure student safety and a smooth flow of traffic. For Serra Mesa Campus only.
Staff Leader: Mr. K
ROOM PARENT* - Serve as a representative for your child's class for coordinating volunteers, overseeing classroom events/celebrations, communicating with class families, planning for teacher appreciation, etc.
Volunteer Leader: Kim Nunez
STAFF CARE TEAM* - Since Elevate cannot use public funds to purchase creamer, soda, or snacks, the Staff Care Team would provide occasional snacks and goodies for the Teacher's Lounge. This is a great way to spoil your school staff.
Staff Leader: Amy Evangilista
- In-class volunteering is an opportunity to get into the classroom with students and into the investigation zone. These are typically hands-on activities so an extra adult in the room is always welcomed!
- Home preparation* is appreciated as these hands-on activities can require a few components. Materials and directions can be sent home with your child with a due date.
- Science field trip notification for sign-ups will typically go out a month prior. Volunteers will be assigned a small group to chaperone.
- Staff Leader: Michelle San Pedro
TALENT SHOW* - Assist the Talent Show Parent Coordinator with try-outs, Talent Show Rehearsal and the Talent Show event
Volunteer Leader: Sam Lopez
YEARBOOK* - Take photos at your child's class events to contribute to the Elevate Yearbook (must use a non-smartphone digital camera). Stay in contact with Yearbook Coordinators about photos gathered and needed.
Volunteer Leader: Andrea Bigler