Below are the various volunteer opportunities at Elevate. If you are interested in any of the roles or have questions about them, please email the Volunteer Leader by clicking on their name below. Or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a parent with little kids, look for the teams with an * - these teams have some duties that can be done at home and/or with children.
Please click each team name below for more details.
Art Corps Lesson Leaders/Assistants will teach or assist with monthly art lessons in your child's class. Workshops/trainings and supplies will be provided.
Volunteer Leader: Deborah Pobur
Help to collect, count, and submit Box Tops for Education to raise money for Elevate.
Volunteer Leader: Kim Nunez
CAMPUS IMPROVEMENT TEAM
Help improve our campus on an "as-needed’ basis, such as occasional campus clean-up days and simple projects that might come up throughout the school year.
Staff Leaders: Mr. Kazmierski and Miss Kathy
Assist with students, provide administrative support/prep work for lessons, organize classroom supplies, or other tasks as needed under the guidance of the classroom teacher. Please reach out to the teacher directly if you are interested.
Volunteer Leader: Classroom Teachers
After attending a training for use of the copier, laminator, and spiral binding machine, volunteers will spend 1 hour per month performing the various jobs requested by teachers and staff (in a designated drop-off area) and redistributing the finished products to staff mailboxes. Some jobs can be done at home.
Volunteer Leader: Kari Powell
Assist with preparation and implementation of Family Night events (Movie Nights, Holiday Party, Game Nights, and more).
Volunteer Leader: Rachel Antle
END OF YEAR EXTRAVAGANZA
Under the guidance of Coach Vu and Elevate's Room Parent, help with set-up, clean-up, games, and so much more for our End of Year Celebration on the last day of school. Volunteer sign-ups for this event will be announced in an Elevate News in May.
Class-by-class basis. Chaperones and drivers (documentation of current drivers license and auto insurance required for drivers). Work with teacher for specific needs.
FUNDRAISING TASK TEAM*
Under the direction of Board Leadership, the Fundraising Task Force will plan and implement Restaurant Dine-outs and other fundraising-type events.
Volunteer Leader: Keri Pisapia
Are you handy with a drill, hammer, or the like? We are looking for a few "handy-type" people who can assist as needed for odd-jobs like assembling furniture, simple desk or cabinet repairs, shelf installation, etc.
Under the guidance of the Hospitality Leader, contribute beverages or treats, help with set-up and/or clean-up, and be available to greet families and/or distribute handouts as needed for various events throughout the school year.
Volunteer Leader: Barbara Morrison
Looking for a fun way to fulfill your volunteer hours? Go outdoors! P.E. volunteers assist Coach Vu in these 3 areas:
- First Aid: I often have to stop class to tend to an injured student from falls or bumps. Having a volunteer tend to the injured student allows me to continue the lesson and serve our students. I have a first aid cart stocked with bandages, ice, wipes, etc. during class for you to use.
- Supervision: The extra set of eyes during games, sports, and other activities helps to ensure students are following rules of a game, prevent accidents, and give positive encouragement to our youth.
- Set Up: Assist in setting up equipment for the day's lesson.
Staff Leader: Coach Vu (Please email me directly if you are interested in being a volunteer. I will try my best to schedule your 30 minute shift during your child's P.E. class)
Serve as a representative for your child's class for coordinating volunteers, overseeing classroom events/celebrations, communicating with class families, planning for teacher appreciation, etc.
Volunteer Leader: Kim Nunez
PARKING LOT SAFETY TEAM
As students arrive at and depart from school each day, we would appreciate the aid of consistent parent helpers to help ensure student safety and a smooth flow of traffic. For Serra Mesa Campus only.
Staff Leader: Mr. Kazmierski
STAFF CARE TEAM*
Since Elevate cannot use public funds to purchase creamer, soda, or snacks, the Staff Care Team would provide occasional snacks and goodies for the Teacher's Lounge. This is a great way to spoil your school staff.
- In-class volunteering is an opportunity to get into the classroom with students and into the investigation zone. These are typically hands-on activities so an extra adult in the room is always welcomed!
- Home preparation* is appreciated as these hands-on activities can require a few components. Materials and directions can be sent home with your child with a due date.
- Science field trip notification for sign-ups will typically go out a month prior. Volunteers will be assigned a small group to chaperone.
Staff Leader: Mrs. San Pedro
Assist the Talent Show Parent Coordinator with try-outs, Talent Show Rehearsal, and the Talent Show event.