Elevate parents are encouraged to serve a minimum of 40 hours per school year, as research shows that parent involvement in school has a positive impact on a child's education. There are many ways for parents to support the school with their time and talent, some of which can be done off-site or after hours.
We welcome you to browse the various opportunities and find a way that you can help. Periodically, we will ask for additional volunteers for short-term or one-time tasks; these will be announced in our Elevate E-Newsletter. Thank you for your teamwork and partnership!
Please note, we ask volunteers to not serve in classrooms for the first two weeks (or per teacher's preference). This allows teachers to establish important routines with students.
How to Volunteer
For student safety, all campus volunteers must complete the following steps.
Submit an online volunteer application (links at bottom of page).
- This application is processed by Raptor Technologies, the nation's leading provider of school safety technologies, and includes a national background check.
- Because the background check can take up to two weeks, the application must be submitted at least two weeks prior to your first volunteer opportunity.
- Once cleared, the background check portion is valid for three years.
- Cost of background check: $15. If this is a financial hardship, please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarships can be made available.
Submit a TB test with negative results.
- Tests can be uploaded during the online application process or submitted to the school office.
- TB results must be from a physician or public TB testing site. If you have tested positive in the past, please provide a current x-ray results specifying no active TB is present.
- Results submitted must include name of physician/facility that performed the test, your first and last name, the date in which the test was performed or the date the results were read.
- TB test results are valid for 4 years.
- Active duty military personnel are exempt from submitting a TB test.
Let us know what teams you are interested in.
- Once your application has been cleared, you will receive a confirmation via email. If you do not receive this email within two weeks, email email@example.com to check the status of your application.
- The first time you volunteer on campus, you must bring your state issued identification card (drivers license or state ID) into the office when you check in. If you are active duty military, in addition to your state ID, you will also need to show your active duty military card.
- Volunteers must always sign in and wear a volunteer badge (provided when you check in).
- If you volunteer during school hours on campus, siblings are not permitted.
Volunteer Application Links Below
If you are NOT active duty military, click HERE to submit the Volunteer Application.
Active Duty Military Personnel Only - please contact the school office directly for the volunteer application (firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-751-4774).
Click here to learn about the various volunteer opportunities we have at Elevate.