Elevate parents are expected to serve a minimum of 40 hours per school year, as research shows that parent involvement in school has a positive impact on a child's education. There are many ways for parents to support the school with their time and talent, some of which can be done off-site or after hours.
We welcome you to browse the various positions
and find a way that you can help. Periodically, we will ask for additional volunteers for short-term or one-time tasks; these will be announced in our Elevate E-Newsletter
. Thank you for your teamwork and partnership!
How to Volunteer
For student safety, all campus volunteers must:
- Submit an online volunteer application (see below for details).
- Submit a TB test with negative results to the Serra Mesa Campus Office. TB tests are valid for 4 years.
- Please note: Active duty military personnel are exempt from submitting a TB test.
We ask volunteers to not serve in classrooms for the first two weeks (or per teacher's preference). This allows teachers to establish important routines with students.
- For those who are NOT Active Duty Military Personnel:
- Click here to fill out the Raptor Volunteer Application
- This online application is through Raptor Technologies, the nation's leading provider of school safety technologies. The Raptor Volunteer Application includes a national background check.
- The background check can sometimes take up to two weeks; therefore, the application needs to be submitted at least two weeks prior to your first volunteer opportunity.
- Once cleared, clearance is good for three years.
- Cost of background check: $19
- Once your application has been cleared, you will receive a confirmation via email. If you do not receive this email within two weeks, email email@example.com to check the status of your application.
- If you have also submitted your negative TB test to the office, you are cleared to volunteer at the times designated by your Volunteer Team Leader or Elevate staff.
- The first time you volunteer on campus, you must bring your state issued identification card (drivers license or state ID) into the office when you check in. If you are active duty military, you will also need to show your active duty military card.
- Volunteers must always sign in and wear a volunteer badge (provided when you check in).
to learn about the various volunteer opportunities we have at Elevate.