Tierrasanta Drop-off & Pick-up Procedures
- Out of consideration for our community, please be courteous towards neighboring residents.
- Please always drive slowly and refrain from using your cell phone.
- Please follow the directions of drop-off and pick-up attendants and exercise patience and consideration at all times.
- Adhere to all bus and loading zone signs - at all times of the day.
You may choose to park and walk your students to the entry gate or use the designated drop-off lane on Antigua Boulevard.
- Parents who choose to park and walk with their students should bring them to the entry gate and say goodbye. Parking is available on Antigua Boulevard and Robusto Road only. The school parking lot is reserved for staff personnel and handicap parking only.
- Students may be dropped off beginning at 8:10 am and may not be left unattended before this time. If students need to be dropped off before this time, you may take advantage of our Before-School Program.
- If you choose to use the drop-off lane, please follow the signs and directions of drop-off attendants. Morning drop-off is located on Antigua Boulevard in front of the staff parking lot.
- A child arriving to school after 8:30 am is considered tardy. Between 8:30 and 8:40, students will receive a tardy slip at the entry gate.
- If students arrive after 8:40 am, please walk them into the lobby of the Vista Grande office. Please then use your cell phone or the phone in that lobby to call our Tierrasanta office (858-751-4774). An Elevate staff member will then meet you in the lobby to walk your student up to class. Please do not disturb the Vista Grande Elementary office personnel.
- Afternoon Pick-up is located outside the main entrance of the Vista Grande Elementary office.
- Parents may park on Antigua or Robusto - please be aware of no parking signs and bus zones.
- Parents are to walk up to pick up their student (outside the main entrance of the Vista Grande office). Please advise teacher or staff that your child is leaving.
- If you need to pick up your student early, go to the lobby of Vista Grande office and use your cell phone or the phone in that lobby to call our Tierrasanta office (858-751-4774). Please do not disturb the Vista Grande Elementary office personnel. A staff member will then walk your student down to the Vista Grande lobby. Please note that it can take approximately 5 to 10 minutes for your student to arrive in the lobby after your phone call.
Please note: If a person besides the parent/guardian is picking up the student, their name must be included on the student's approved pick-up list and will need to provide government issued identification for verification.
Thanks to all for considering the benefit your choices can have on our community!